Knime Hangs during execution

Hi All,
I am using Knime on Windows server 2016. I am facing problem with execution of work flows. Knime is getting stuck while executing the nodes ( it could be any node, it stuck on different nodes every time). While its stuck, CPU usage is still above 95% but there is no progress. It stays there for hours and sometime, i have to end the process manually. Knime remains responsive during this event and i can still work on any other flows ( which are not executing), but i can not cancel the node which is not progressing.
Any suggestions…
PS: The node halted contains around 300 thousand rows only.

Best Regards
Amir Aslam

Hi,
Could you take a thread dump of KNIME using JStack while the node is stuck? Jstack is part of the Java Development Kit (JDK) and can be called like this:

jstack -l  <pid> > <file-path>

Also helpful would be the content of the KNIME Log, which you find under View -> Open KNIME Log… in the Analytics Platform.
Kind regards,
Alexander

Only getting hands on the Knime logs will help us to isolate and then solve the problem.
It seems it is getting stuck due to being damaged or corrupted.

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn
I have modified a flow to reduce the number of rows and till then its working fine… Will get the log if it happens again.
Regards
Amir Aslam

1 Like

@JustinC
Thanks man, i just modified the flow for a while and it is not getting stuck while optimized…

Amir

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.