KNIME on Apple M1

I would like to know is the new Macbook on Apple Silicon M1 supported now? Thank you

1 Like

Hi,
Unfortunately it is not. KNIME is built upon the Eclipse Rich Client Platform and over there they have a ticket open for this issue: 565690 – Support Mac with Apple silicon. Until this is resolved on the Eclipse side we do not have the option to support the M1 chips. Which is really unlucky, because I also desperately want to upgrade my laptop to one of those new ones :smiley:
Kind regards,
Alexander

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. After some reading it seems there are support for the platform already?

The SWT libraries for Mac Arm64 are available for testing
https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.19M3-202102171800/#SWT

I’d appreciate if we could get KNIME running on it - can’t wait to see how it performs on the new powerful machines!

Hi,
Yes, it seems there are some early access binaries already. I will tell our developers and maybe we can start testing this. However, I think KNIME will only adopt this once it is out of early access and stable.
Kind regards,
Alexander

4 Likes

totally understandable. but I am using KNIME now on my M1 with Rosetta and it works quite well. Apart from the Python integration of Keras of course which is still not out for M1. But I am very much looking forward to a stable and fast KNIME version for the Apple ARM architecture. Should be a beast with its AI enhancements.

4 Likes

Hi, twwong. I cannot find the libraries of the hyperlink (https://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops4/S-4.19M3-202102171800/#SWT). It shows “Not found.” Could you give the hyperlink again? Thanks

Same here. I can run the Keras but I am unable to import TensorFlow in KNIME. Rest, I will keep on checking as I have recently migrated to Mac.

Hi,
As you might have guessed from the last response, the M1 chip is now supported except for Deep Learning.
Kind regards
Alexander

6 Likes

Who needs deep learning anyway ? :wink:

1 Like

When will the M1 chip for Deep Learning be supported?

2 Likes

I would like to know is the new Macbook on Apple Silicon M1 supported now (Mar 2022)?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.