KNIME OpenMS conflict

Hi,
I accidentally updated the OpenMS (from 2.4 to 2.5) in KNIME along with some other extensions, and now different OpenMS related nodes are generating same error message:

ERROR FileInfo 0:141 Failing process stdout:
ERROR FileInfo 0:141 Failing process stderr:
ERROR FileInfo 0:141 Return code: -1073741515
ERROR FileInfo 0:141 Execute failed: Failed to execute node FileInfo

ERROR OMSSAAdapter 0:86 Failing process stdout:
ERROR OMSSAAdapter 0:86 Failing process stderr:
ERROR OMSSAAdapter 0:86 Return code: -1073741515
ERROR OMSSAAdapter 0:86 Execute failed: Failed to execute node OMSSAAdapter

ERROR IsobaricAnalyzer 0:88 Failing process stdout:
ERROR IsobaricAnalyzer 0:88 Failing process stderr:
ERROR IsobaricAnalyzer 0:88 Return code: -1073741515
ERROR IsobaricAnalyzer 0:88 Execute failed: Failed to execute node IsobaricAnalyzer

I uninstalled/reinstalled OpenMS extension, but error persist…
uninstalled/reinstalled KNIME and OpenMS related extensions, but still same error…

Incresing the debug level is also useless to give any meaningful error report.

Am I missing something? If you need anything to reproduce the error, I will be happy to share my workflow.
Any hint to solve this error is much appreciated.
Best,
MAnwar

Hi,

which OS are you using? Windows?
Does a notification show up in the lower part of KNIME for further requirements?

Best,
Julianus

Sorry, I did not mention my OS. Yes, its Windows 10.

And thank you so much for the hint.

Actually there are few missing requirements (in Startup Messages) rather than Console. I installed them and it is again working fine so far.

Thank you again.
Manwar

1 Like

Hello Manwar,
could you share what you installed to solve this error?
I have the very similar error message for almost everything in openMS (FileInfo, FileConverter, XTANDEMAdapter) but there is no missing requirements in Startup Messages or Console.
Thank you very much!
Best ,
Minh

Hi,

The error message should point you to this prerequisites installer which installs stuff like .NET frameworks and Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributables.

1 Like

Thanks alot, jpfeuffer!
it solved the error. Funny is, now after I installed the prerequisites package, the error message appear (but the workflow works). :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.