knime replicate

I would like to create this kind of query with Knime. I would like to know if it is possible. Any advice of how I should proceed

speak(“Please enter your Global ID and Password, the product name, Number of days, and wafer Site”);
DLG = DIALOG( Title(“Chunk qual yield”),
HList(
VList(
Lineup(2,"Please Enter Global ID: ", GID=EditText(“xxxxxxxxx”),
"Please Enter EDW Password: ", PASS=EditText(“xxxxxxxxx”),
"Please Enter Product Name: ", prod=EditText(“xxxxxxxxx”),
"Number of days to go back: ", days=EditText(“22”),
“Select wafer site:”,
site=RadioButtons(“XXX”,“XXX”),
“Select wafer type:”,
pem=RadioButtons(“XXX”,“XXX”)
));
);
);

if (DLG[“button”] == -1, print(“Cancel was pressed.”); throw());
print(“So you really want data”);

show(DLG);
Removefrom(DLG,7);

scottlist=evallist(DLG);
prod=(scottlist[3]);
days=(scottlist[4]);
site=(scottlist[5]);
pem=(scottlist[6]);
GID=(scottlist[1]);
PASS=(scottlist[2]);
SHOW(prod);
SHOW(days);
SHOW(site);
SHOW(pem);
SHOW(GID);
SHOW(PASS);

IF(site==1,site1=“XXX”);
IF(site==2,site1=“XXX”);
show(site1);

IF(pem==1,pem1=“XXX”);
IF(pem==2,pem1=“XXX”);
show(pem1);

SELECTSTATE=“PROD_NAME IN (’”||xxxxxxxxx||"’)";

dlgStatus = new window(“Progress”,
dlg_gb = graph box(
Title (“Data Loading Progress”),
FrameSize ( 200, 30),
xscale(0,100),
yscale(0, 1),
yaxis (show major ticks (0), show minor ticks (0)),

xname("% complete"),
    yname("")
)

);
dlg_gb[AxisBox( 2 )] << Delete;
dlg_gb[AxisBox( 1 )] << Delete;
speak(“Retrieving “||xxxxxxxxx||” data”);
dlgStatus[FrameBox(1)] << Add Graphics Script({Fill Color(“blue”),Rect(0,1,25,0,1)});
wait(0.2);
dlgStatus[FrameBox(1)] << Add Graphics Script({Fill Color(“blue”),Rect(0,1,50,0,1)}); // 50% on a scale to 100% shown in the xscale above. does not get scaled to the pixel count in frame size()
wait(0.7);
dlgStatus[FrameBox(1)] << Add Graphics Script({Fill Color(“blue”),Rect(0,1,75,0,1)}); // 50% on a scale to 100% shown in the xscale above. does not get scaled to the pixel count in frame size()
wait(0.7);

SHOW(days);
show(SELECTSTATE);

If ( prod == “xxxxxxxxx” & pem1 == “xxxxxxxxx”,
SELECTSTATE = “PROD_NAME LIKE ‘xxxxxxxxx%’”;
);
dt=expr( Open Database(“DRIVER={Oracle in instantclient11_1};DBQ=OKPEDW1;UID=”||xxxxxxxxx||";PWD="||xxxxxxxxx||";",
expr("select

Thanks
Pio

Hi there @pio,

what kind of query is this? DB? can you give a bit explanation to it?

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin. I normally use this script in jmp to pull data.
I think that it is SQL and connects to EDW database to pull the data. Hope this clarifies a bit.
I would like to get an idea how do I go about creating it with Knime. Just need ideas of where I could start
Regards
Pio

Hi @pio,

well seems to me you should break this script to smaller (logical) parts and for each use appropriate KNIME database node. I suggest to check Database guide and explore KNIME Hub for examples. Then if any specific questions come back here :wink:

Br,
Ivan

To @ipazin’s answer I would add that the general method here is going to be to use various configuration nodes (such as the String Configuration node) to ask the user for input. Such nodes will convert user input into a flow variable that can be used to pass parameters to other nodes that might pull data from a database, or create a plot, or whatever it is you want to do.

1 Like

Hi @ipazin and @ScottF, Is there a way to get the variables from outside. i.e when you start a workflow it prompts (like a pop up box) the user to enter the variable that the user wants and then the work flow continues. I don’t want the variable already implemented in the work flow.
Regards
Pio

Hi there @pio,

check this topic for more.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.