KNIME version of an Alteryx tool - Make Group

@tobias.koetter That’s a great example of how the network nodes can be made to work! Hope this is OK, but I’ve taken your flow (now that you’ve done all the hard work, :grin:) and modified it a little. I’ve credited you and cited your original flow in this one.

I removed all data from the input file that wasn’t “known” so effectively reduced it to just a list of relationships without strength or colour grouping information (i.e. “no prior knowledge”). I also added a few more relationships to see what would happen.

I also wanted to see what could be done if we didn’t have any prior knowledge of "starting points (Object Ids) predefined in the SubGraph Extractor.

So I as I had taken colour coding out of the Table Creator I’ve removed the colour and visual output nodes from the flow.

The SubGraph Extractor of course needed a starting point for the subgraphs to find, so I produced a set of all the names supplied in the Data and told it to find all of the subgraphs.

At the other end of your part of the flow, that of course now meant that we had a subgraph for everybody, and we want just the distinct set with an arbitrary “origin”, so I then added a flow on the last stage to condense this down into just the distinct set of subgraphs, with each origin chosen arbitrarily from the sets.

My additional nodes for doing the simple work greatly outnumber yours that are doing a much tougher job. There may be other nodes that could have been used to effectively do the job that I’ve done in small steps, but hopefully they make sense. I’m always happy to discover that the work of 5 of my nodes can be handled by 1, but on the other hand the steps provide documentation of what they are doing!

4 Likes