MS SQL database (odbc) connection to KNIME

Hi there,
I’m currently struggling with the settings of Microsoft SQL Server Connector-Node to establish a connection to a MS SQL database using odbc. Is the way described in this post No connection to MS Access Database still best practice?
I’m not really into the topic of database connections etc. So I’d would be very grateful for every type of help!

Regards,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,
KNIME does not support connecting to Microsoft SQL Server via ODBC but via JDBC. Please follow the instruction in the db documentation to get connected.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

Hi Tobias,
does your answer mean that it is not possible to connect an MS SQL Server via ODBC at all, or is it possible by considering the instructions out of db documentation regarding to JDBC?
Thank you for your support!

Oliver

If you use new DB framework, JDBC is already installed and you do not need to think about connection. ODBC is not supported in KNIME.

2 Likes

Hi Oliver,
as izaychick63 already stated KNIME comes with an dedicated connector node for Microsoft SQL Server and the link I provided above points to the section in the db documentation that explains how to use it to connect to the database.
If for any reason you still need to use ODBC you would need a JDBC-ODBC driver. Unfortunately Java no longer supports this out of the box so you would need to buy commercial driver e.g. this one.
Bye
Tobias

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.