Python Script

I am running python script for t-sne dimension reduction, All is working ok inside python script but when I run python workflow it get stuck at 30% and not passing to KNIME workflow.
Please see my script below.
Can anyone suggest how to make workflow working?. Thanks for your help

output_table = input_table.copy()

from sklearn.manifold import TSNE
import numpy as np
import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sn
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from time import time
from sklearn.decomposition import PCA

df1=input_table.copy()

data = df1.iloc[:, 1:].values
label = df1.iloc[:, -1].values

model = TSNE(n_components = 2, verbose=1, random_state = 0)
X_tsne = model.fit_transform(data)
output_table=pd.DataFrame(data=np.array(X_tsne,dtype=‘float’),columns=[‘X’, ‘Y’])
pyOut=(output_table).T

Hello Stripathi,

the node is busy transferring your data from KNIME to Python.
The reason it works in the dialog is because the dialog only uses a subset of the table (you can specify the subset size in the second tab of the dialog).
In order to reduce the transfer time, make sure that your table contains only those columns that are actually used in the Python script.
You can use a Column Filter prior to the node to remove any unused columns and rejoin them with the Joiner node after the Python script.

Best,

nemad

1 Like

Hi Nemad,
Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate your help. I have nearly 3000 columns (features) and 1 label. I can not use column filter to reduce features and I think I am only using the features I need. When I cut to only 5 features(columns) and a label then it works.
Can you suggest how to use all columns(features)? .
Thanks, Suresh

I do not think it will help but maybe you could loose the additional copy commands of data and also the df1 (if you have no further use for that).

Then it could be that you need more RAM for you task.

You could try to manipulate the Memory policy although I am not sure if it does anything in particular if it comes to Python.

In the settings you could see if the method of “Serialization” for Python is any good, but I am not an expert in that regard.

Last resort could be to draw a sample of your data although I am aware that the beauty of t-SNE is the specific ability to reduce the dimensions on very large numbers of instances.

from sklearn.manifold import TSNE
import numpy as np
import pandas as pd
import seaborn as sn
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
from time import time
from sklearn.decomposition import PCA

data = input_table.iloc[:, 1:].values
label = input_table.iloc[:, -1].values

model = TSNE(n_components = 2, verbose=1, random_state = 0)
X_tsne = model.fit_transform(data)

output_table = pd.DataFrame(X_tsne.astype(float),columns=[‘X’, ‘Y’])

kn_example_python_t_sne.knar (1.2 MB)

1 Like

Great!. Thank you so much for your help. I think I am now OK to resolve this.
thanks, S

1 Like

The main problem might be the large number of columns that are transferred to python.
You could reduce this number to two columns by forming a collection column that contains all features (Create Collection Column node).

Please note that I am not sure if this admittedly hacky workaround does actually provide any performance gain but it might be worth a try :wink:

Python script work but not sure how to give colors of my binary class so that I can see 2 classes when plotted in 2D.
Any code that help me to implement in python script?
Thanks

Out of curiosity, which tip was the actual solution?

1 Like

all tips are part of solutions. I think.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.