Recover deleted documents

Hello, I am a user who is using the Knime program. I have a
problem. On the program start screen, the storage space was set as the
desktop. I accidentally deleted a document on my desktop while using the
program. I knew it would be restored. But it has not been restored, and we
are looking for a way to solve it. The document is very important to me.
Thank you:)
(The document has been deleted from this section.)

@nusoel welcome to the KNIME forum.

First: you should always have an independent backup strategy including provisions for accidental deletion as well as version management and disaster recovery (in case the drive gets lost).

Having said that: if the data is absolutely critical you should stop doing anything with the machine and contact a professional data recovery service (like Ontrack) since this might be the only chance to get the file back if all other measures fail. Professional recovery services can cost several $ 100 (and will usually be sufficient) up to several $ 1.000 if we are talking military/intelligence grade data forensics (but it is doable).

Then: KNIME itself does not come with any recovery mechanism (yet), the KNIME server although does. So you will have to rely on your own backup.

Often it is just a case of a misplaced knime-workflow folder. You might check this guide to familiarise yourself with the logic behind KNIME’s data storage policy:

1 Like

depending how long the file was on the machine you may be able to do a system restore

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. :smile:

A detailed explanation was very helpful. Thank you very much for your reply. :smile:

1 Like

Hello,
Iv had the same problem i have accidentally delete many files that are very importants
have you found a solution?
i try a recovery wizard but it didnt work
Please help me!!

Sorry for checking too late. :sob: Have you checked the link in the comment on mlauber71? I couldn’t recover the file. It’s past the time to use the file. Therefore, it has lost its value. Anyway, the link in the comments will help. I’m sorry I couldn’t help. I hope you can recover the file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.