Run Knime without GUI error

Hi,

I got Cent OS 7.9 installed with downloaded Knime for linux. Extracted and it runs with GUI with no problem.

I would like to run it in bash with no GUI. The command that I run is:

./knime -nosplash --application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=<dir_path>

However, every time it starts GUI. Also I have to run the command ./knime not just knime that is described Running knime workflow on linux terminal.

The same command on Win runs without GUI and the way I expected.
Is there anything that I have been missed and it will solve my problem?

Hi @biolekm , that is because you are passing --application instead of -application. So you are not actually running β€œ-application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION” which is what makes Knime run as command line, that is why the GUI is opening.

Regarding running β€œknime” vs β€œ./knime”, you can run β€œknime” command anywhere only if it’s in your bin or sbin folder (you can create a symlink from where your Knime is installed), or if you create an alias. If you don’t have that, then you have to either run knime using the full path, or run
knime from the installation folder, where you would use ./knime, meaning run the command knime from the current folder (./ points to the current folder)

3 Likes

thanks for that, did not see double dash (obvious now).