SAP Reader (Theobald Software) node doesn't provide all the data

Hi KNIME Team,

There is an issue with the SAP Reader (Theobald Software) node in KNIME.

The extraction of a BW Query is set-up in the XtractUniversal and it works fine it shows correct data but in KNIME some records doesn’t appear, if I use the GET Request node, then I can perform the call to the extraction and get all the data, but not if I use the SAP Reader node:

KNIME_SAP_Reader_Node
GET_Request

Extraction type: BW Cube (Query)
XtractUniversal version 4.27.1.1
KNIME version: 4.4.1

Please also refer to your internal ticket reference: AP-17456

Could you please help on that?

Is there a roadmap where we can see what is planned for next upgrade? Or at least that we can see when the new upgrade will come?

1 Like

Hello @MarcEM,

the above mentioned ticket is closed and part of nightly build:
https://www.knime.com/nightly-build-changelog

You can install nightly and give it a try.
https://www.knime.com/nightly-build-downloads

Br,
Ivan

3 Likes

Hello Ivan,

Do not close this ticket!

I see that regarding the Hierarchies issue, it is in the roadmap, but this is different issue (sorry for adding this information in the same ticket).

The NEW issue is that in some BW Query extractions, the data that is available in KNIME through the SAP Reader (Theobald software) node is not the complete data set!

This is a huge bug as we cannot then rely on this node for which we pay a license.

Please see the attached screenshots above and let me know in case any clarification is needed.

Using the SAP Reader node we get 199 rows
Using GET request call we get 211 rows

Regards,
Marc

1 Like

Hello Marc,
I have contacted you via private message to sort out the problem.
Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

Hello @MarcEM,

I see. Got confused there a bit. Anyways I’m sure Tobias will take care of it appropriately.

Br,
Ivan

HI Ivan,

so with the new KNIME version 4.4.2, the hierarchy extraction worked even with empty Date field.

However we have an issue while extracting data from a BW Query where the Date field value is ‘#’, for those records, the data is not replicated to KNIME.

Could you please help?

BR,
Marc

Hi Ivan @ipazin and Tobias @tobias.koetter
Seems we have again this issue.

In short when we try to extract data through SAP Reader (Theobald Software) node where we have date type field with “#” value complete row is ignored and we do not receive any data.

If we setup second extraction without the date field with “#” value all fields are being extracted perfectly fine.

We use currently KNIME 4.6.4

Is there way how we can solve this?

Kind Regards
Pawel

Hi Ivan @ipazin and Tobias @tobias.koetter

any update?

With a GET request I can get all the data but not when using the SAP Reader node (Theobald software).

Will this be fixed soon? this is now critical issue as we cannot relly on any SAP report extracted using KNIME

BR,
Marc

Hello @MarcEM ,
the problem is the leading # character. The node uses internally a CSV library to parse the result from Xtract Universal which uses # as default comment character. This means that each row that starts with a # is ignored. We will fix this problem with the next 4.6.6, 4.7.3 and 5.0.1 release.
Bye
Tobias

2 Likes

Hi Tobias,

Thank you!

BR,
Marc

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.