SDK Installation - Branch Selection

Hi. I’m installing the SDK on Eclipse 2019-12 according to the instructions at https://github.com/knime/knime-sdk-setup

I would like to develop new nodes against the latest KNIME client version (4.1).
The instructions say: “Now, select the branches you want to clone. Select all branches starting with releases/ and the master branch.” My question is: which of the boxes in the following screenshot should be selected, given I’m only interested in developing against the latest release? Do I only need to select the "releases/2019-12 box and the “master” box?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @dnaki,

generally, the latest released KNIME version is always the ‘releases’ branch with the latest date, i.e. ‘releases/2019-12’ in this case. However, the dialog window you showed is only about which branches should be initially cloned when importing the knime-sdk-setup repository, which means that you can easily get the latest release branch afterwards no matter what you select in this dialog window. This can be done switching to the latest releases branch after the repository has been cloned. Here, you can just leave the selection as is in the screenshot.

Cheers,
David

Hi @DaveK,
Thanks for the guidance. By the way, in the step when I tried to select the target platform definition file KNIME-AP-complete.target, I got an error (see below), so instead I chose the KNIME-AP.target file (which worked fine). Thanks again.

Hi @dnaki,

thanks for reporting this. We’re going to have a look.

Cheers,
David

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.