Send Email Node Java Exception

Hi everyone,
my team is having an issue with the Send Email node.
We all tried the same configuration, but for some of us it’s not working giving this error:

"ERROR Send Email           3:1        Execute failed: Error while communicating with the smtp server: javax.mail.MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host;
  nested exception is:
	javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

Here some info about the node confguration:

Mail Host:
SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 587
SMTP host needs auth checked
Username & password provided based on our credentials
Connection Security: STARTTLS
Connection Timout: 3000

We all activetad the “less secure app” from google, still, it works for some of us, while doesn’t for others.

I’ve asked everyone to uninstall and reinstall to the latest version (4.2.3) but it didn’t change anything.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Hello @robdll,

SSL certificate missing for some? Check this topic:

Welcome to Community!

Br,
Ivan

@ipazin
thanks for replying, however the owner of the post linked didn’t solve his issue.

I’ve tried to provide the same certificate i got in the jre plugin > lib > security folder to them but it still doesn’t work.

Of what it’s suggested in that post i can already confirm you that everyone of us has already activated the “less secure app”

Any other idea?

Hello @robdll,

are you all within same network? All running same OS? Have they checked they have imported certificate(s) successfully (there might be more than one needed)? If it works for some and not for others I would look for some pattern to try to figure out what configuration is missing…

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.