Server Compatibilty

Hello,
I work on knime server 4.7.3 and knime desktop 3.7.1
A workflow(which writes data to oracle db) is running from 3.7.1 but not being executed from the server due to some compatibility issues.
Can you please let me know which Knime desktop (i guess i need a version less than 3.7) is compatible with the knime sever 4.7.1?

Thanks

Hi @pruthvi1286,

KNIME Analytics Platform 3.6.2 should be used with KNIME Server 4.7.3. It is likely that your newer AP version tries to use new features not yet available on your server.

Cheers,
Roland

2 Likes

Roland,
I am using 3.6.2 now
The WF works fine in desktop and writes data to the DB but shows the following error when executed from server
There are messages for workflow "
Database Table Connector 0:15 - ERROR: Execute failed: org.knime.core.node.InvalidSettingsException: org.knime.core.node.InvalidSettingsException: Could not find database driver “oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver”, reason: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
Please help me with this.
Thanks

Hi @pruthvi1286,

This error implies that you have not added the path to the Oracle JDBC driver to your preferences.epf. Please add this to <knime_server>/workflow_repository/config/preferences.epf

See here for more information: https://docs.knime.com/2018-12/server_admin_guide/index.html#preferences-file

Thanks Roland it worked
But I am not able to access a shared location
and I am encountering the following errors:

There are messages for workflow “CA Tickets_YTD 2019-04-04 16.56.35”
File Reader 0:1 - WARNING: Can’t access ‘file:////(##path##)’. ( (The account used is a computer account. Use your global user account or local user account to access this server))

Answered here Accessing Files

1 Like