Set repetition time in workflow - Run again in timeout

Hi;
Since I receive data from different sources, in some cases, the response time is extended. If there is no response in this matter within a certain period of time, I would like to start a certain part of the work flow again.

I would be glad if a sample workflow is submitted. Thank you

Set repetition time in workflow - Run again in timeout

Hi there @umutcankurt,

maybe solution from this topic can help you:

Br,
Ivna

2 Likes

Hi; Ivan @ipazin thanks for the answer

No, that’s not exactly what I want. I want to apply the timeout and run it again without any errors.

Hi @umutcankurt,

so you would like to be able to start a certain part of workflow again in case receiving data in that part last too long? Does this mean you don’t get any error?

Br,
Ivan

Yes that’s right; @ipazin
some servers respond long after the first call. But it responds quickly when you rest and demand again without waiting. My goal should be to cancel and request again if the first call lasts … seconds, to avoid wasting time, to restrict and renew a certain part of the workflow from time-out.

If it progresses in time and no problem occurs, it should not be reset.

Hi @umutcankurt,

So you would need logic to reset node and execute it again in case it lasts longer than defined time. Don’t think that is possible but maybe someone else will have an idea.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thank you; I will experiment with this, if I reach a conclusion or answer, I will share it.

1 Like

Hi; Armin @armingrudd

Do you have a suggestion or solution advice on this subject?

Hi Umut,

What kind of request are you talking about? What node are you using?

:blush:

Hi Armin @armingrudd
If positive over time, the workflow will continue. But if there is no result in time, it will repeat

I have to create a workflow that will work with a logic like the picture. Because sometimes the response time is too long during the first request. I get quick results again. I have to automate it.

You can use the workflow in the topic which @ipazin has shared. Set a minimum timeout option (for the get request node, or if it’s a website, the web page/http retriever node), so the node fails if the content is not received in a certain amount of time and it will be re-executed.

:blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.