Solutions to "Just KNIME It!" Challenge 15

This thread is for posting solutions to “Just KNIME It!” Challenge 15 (yes! 15 challenges already!!). Feel free to link your solution from KNIME Hub as well!

Here is the challenge of the week: Just KNIME It! | KNIME

Have an idea for a challenge? We’d love to hear it! :heart_eyes: Feel free to write it here .

And remember: the more you participate, the more participation badges you may end up getting. Fancy, huh? :wink: Just remember to correctly mark your solution in the Hub with tag justknimeit-15. :grin:

This is my first post.

Just KNIME It-15

4 Likes

My Take on Challenge 15.Bit lengthy though with 10 Nodes .

2 Likes

This is my solution:

3 Likes

Here’s my attempt:

3 Likes

Hello Knimers,

this is my solution: justknimeit - 15 - Raffaello Barri – KNIME Hub
I added a variable, so that the table to be read can vary in lenght. Also, I read the columns up to the last one.

Have a nice day,
RB

1 Like

My solution with 10 nodes:

2 Likes

Here’s my solution

Did two versions. One where I tried to automate as much as possible i.e.

1. download of PDF
  2. Dynamically parse data table based on search key
  3. Dynamically parse single row headers.

Second version I tried to limit no. of nodes sacrificing the dynamic part. I managed solving the challenge using 8 nodes.

cheers

3 Likes

Fun little test. Here is my submission I did it in 7 nodes. I will admit I came up at first with same solution as @elsamuel so I went back and see if I could try something different. So I cheated the insert header column by exporting to csv without the header and reading it back in saying it had a header. I split on spaces and used the transform in the csv reader to eliminate columns and get numbers typed correctly as integers. Two executes but it gets you there.

Link to solution on KNIME Hub

2 Likes

Yay! We appreciate your participation, @sryu.

Hi everyone,
here is my solution
I kept the last rows (sum ,avg) but it can be easily removed.

1 Like

Hello everyone !
My solution to this very interesting challenge.
I processed the input a bit further so we can have the full table to analyze !

2 Likes

This is my solution, it is partly based on what was done by @walkergv77 and @Milks, each proposal has problems with its solutions.

Just Knime it - 15

@AnilKS generates a mistake when splitting, and the final result show, that it is not present the exact columns requested on the challenge.

@walkergv77 when writing the solution to XLS, include the AVG column and omit the COOL column

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an awesome workflow. Easy to understand and work with! @elimisael

1 Like

I have extended it to all available columns in the table.I used regex to fix irregularity in direction column.

2 Likes

10 nodes as requested. No cheating.

1 Like

As always on Tuesdays, here’s our solution to #justknimeit challenge 15! :nerd_face:

I hope you learned something useful this week! In my opinion this is data wrangling at its finest hehe

See you tomorrow for a new challenge!

2 Likes

Hello KNIMErs, it’s better late than never!

Here is my solution to #justknimeit-15 :

KNIME Hub > gonhaddock > Spaces > Just_KNIME_It > Just KNIME It _ Challenge 015

It’s been unavoidable to get insights from previous solutions (thanks for it). Specially the cool Cell Splitter to list and Ungroup… great to apply here.

BR

2 Likes

Here my solution: jKi-15 – KNIME Hub

2 Likes

Great solution, but the final result doesn’t show the columns requested on the challenge, at final exclude them.

Look

1 Like