Solutions to "Just KNIME It!" Challenge 7

This thread is for posting solutions to “Just KNIME It!” Challenge 7. Feel free to link your solution from KNIME Hub as well!

6 Likes

My submission on Challenge 7 Women in government …As the values are in % Sunburst or Pie Chart Not used.

3 Likes

Here’s my solution.

I hope you like it.

Cheers,
Giuseppe

4 Likes

Hello this is my solution

In the continent the most efficient thing was looking for a database on the internet, I use selenium nodes.

3 Likes

Hello,
here’s my solution KNIME_challenge_7 – KNIME Hub

2 Likes

Here’s my solution

My curation approach was to replace missing value with simple average from neighboring countries and countries with no neighbors (with values) I took the continent average.

Found a very cool open source API, RESTcountries.com.

cheers

3 Likes

Simple solution. I’m addicted to bar charts only.

2 Likes

Seems the link wasn’t working. Reposting my submission.

2 Likes

Really cool REST API!

1 Like

This is kind of my vibe in general too! haha

Hi everyone !
Here is my solution to this challenge. I’ve used the regions and countries dataset provided by the UN - Statistics Division, in order to enrich the original dataset, so I can calculate the Avg of seats by Intermediate region. This would give us a more reasonable share avg for the countries with missing values.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Here is my solution:
I used UN continent data from: UNSD — Methodology

For visualization:

• choronopleth from knime hub (sadly not much customization)
  • Bar chart for average share grouped by continents
  • 2 table views that shows top and bottom 5 HDI rank selected from list (grouped by continents)
2 Likes

Hello KNIMErs,

Here is my solution to #justknimeit-7 :

KNIME Hub > gonhaddock > Spaces > Just_KNIME_It > Just KNIME It _ Challenge 007

Task (1) - in this opportunity as I’m not used to work with JSON files, and aiming to learn further; I’ve decided to retrieve the latest data from UN ‘unstats.un.org’ statistical Server. Now I know how to query it in both R and Knime :vulcan_salute:t3: .

Task (2) - I just downloaded from the web a copy for the ISO 3166 COUNTRY CODES, that already addresses Region and Sub-Region, ISO codes…

Task (3) - I’ve mixed up interactive charts with R histograms and maps, these latest unfortunately aren’t interactive at the moment.

BR

PS.- Does someone knows how to custom / color component nodes?

1 Like

Hello crazy KNIMErs :sunglasses:

Interesting challenge especially to know how to deal with missing values.

I’ve also fallen in love :heart_eyes: with the Choropleth World Map node :point_down:https://hub.knime.com/knime/spaces/Examples/latest/00_Components/Visualizations/Choropleth%20World%20Map~MDMPYVV5ZyxNSB8y

Here my solution👇

2 Likes

Choropleth is sooo gooood!

2 Likes

Yeah! Very easy to use.
Definitely, I love it

1 Like

And as always on Tuesdays, here’s our solution to #justknimeit challenge 7:

Were you also intrigued by the results? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hello,

here is my solution (late is better than never :joy:):