String to document node execution failing

I am using “String do document” node to convert CSV file to document. The node gives this error during execution:

Execute failed: Cannot invoke “java.net.URL.getPath()” because “fileUrl” is null

I have tried all possible scenarios: 1) Updated KNIME. 2) Played with all the options of the node. 3) Reinstalled extension. 4) Used the file with just one row to rule out any issue with the input.

I am attaching the screenshot that shows the error, the input file with just one row and the KNIME workflow.

I will appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Screenshot of the error:

Knime workflow: Project - 5.knar.knwf (9.4 KB)

Input file: test-excel.xlsx (8.5 KB)

Hello @Prashant2361 ,

welcome to the Forum!
I was able to run this wf without any problem…

Could you please a bit elaborate your use case? It seems to me - from the messages from your console you have shared with us - it is not a simple csv/excel convert to document…
You mentioned you updated the Analytics Platform, may I ask which version are you using? Also (sorry for the question) did you restart your application after the update?

I was trying with a simple example of creating an excel (tried with CSV also) with just one row and two columns. It didn’t work. I had restarted the application. Actually did it multiple times.

Today, I uninstalled the whole application, downloaded and installed it again. After that it worked. I am using KNIME 4.6.3 version.

Thanks for your help.

It is good to hear it works now!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.