Unable to configure table view

Description:
While testing a few things Knime and my entire system crashed. After careful investigation I decided to start Knime again and try to continue with the task.

https://forum.knime.com/t/component-end-soft-fails-then-knime-crashed-then-my-graphics-driver/80737

It seems that the table view node, regardless what data I provide it, is not configurable always showing a white window.

Here is the most recent workflow in question. I made it and my system fail by executing the component “Concat with itself …”, awaiting the console to finish generataing the temp data like “knime_container_20240627_657823122681702107.tmp” and then inspecting the results … which never happened.

Calculate Pi.knwf (3.4 MB)

Steps to reproduce:

Actual results:

Expected results:

Attachments:

Windows 11

1 Like

Hey Mike,

Are you still having this issue? I can see the table view immediately in a nightly and 5.3 RC

Greetings,
Daniel

1 Like

Hi @DanielBog,

so far I did not dare to try as I have to recover a little bit and catch up to some tasks after the community hacking days. But certainly, upon 5.3 is released today and NodePit / Selenium caught up too, I will put 5.3 to its paces :wink:

Cheers
Mike

3 Likes

Hi @mwiegand ,

Thank you for reporting this during hacking days. Unfortunately, we couldn’t reporduce it in time and this slipped to the release:

But now we have a ticket and it will be fixed as soon as possible: NXT-2747

2 Likes

Performance improved but the forced preview easily becomes a hinderance as it’s still utilizing the CPU even after no node was selected

Selected

Un-selected >10 sec. later

The regression is so serious that it cannot be aborted even by selecting another node which already had a preview generated and has significantly fewer rows.

Now more than one minute have passed and the preview generation of the very last node seems still in progress.

Shall I open a new ticket for that?

PS: Here is a recording showing that upon trying to establish a connection, the preview which is still generated, makes the UI unresponsive and causing my fans to “whooosh”.

PS
This is quite a serious issue because the data preview generation now ran for about an hour, inflating my electricity bill, and leading to a heap space error

Even after resetting the component and saving the workflow the heap space was not freed up and CPU cores were still busy.

I am now starting to believe that I am nearing a point which I reported where my entire system crashed.

Here is the thread dump, Knime app is still running albeit I initiated the closing process.

Memory is not freed up and my system becomes slower by the minute.

threaddump-1721056473365.tdump.txt (179.2 KB)

PPS: I managed to write a memory dump file (>50G) and trying to share that with you (zipping in progress). Let me know if I should abort that attempt.

Memory Dump if Knime (download valid until 22nd of July)

Internal ticket ID: NXT-2747
Fix version(s): 5.3.1
Other related topic(s): -