Understand Tree Decision

Hello

I am starting with Knime and I have created a workflow to evaluate different calcification algorithms. For my data, the best is Tree because a I have a good accuracy.
My question is related about how can I understand the algorithm, and what are the fields of my data that have more influence in the prediction.
I am trying to determine if a customer is going to leave the company and I have 50 fields in my database, but I don´t know what are more important fields to decide that a customers is going to leave.

Is there any way to decide this?

Ana

I recently wrote this entry. Maybe the links there might help you explore more about machine learning

1 Like

Thank you for you answer.
I need to analyze better but as I understand this workflow compare two models but when you have selected a models, it´s possible to know what fields have more weight in the decision?

Ana

Hello @AnaBerta,

and welcome to KNIME and it’s Community!

Sure there is. In case of Decision Tree algorithm (which has tree structure as output) the top-level features are the more important that the others.

Check this topic with further topics linked for more about it:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer. I am going to test.

Ana

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.