User Input File Name

I’d like to use a configuration or widget node to prompt a user to input a file path/name which would be passed to a CSV Writer. I’m sure there’s a simple solution, but I’ve tried everything I can think of and nothing works. Help would be much appreciated.

I recommend to use the Local File Browser Configuration for that. It prevents typos because the filename is not manually typed in.
String configuration also works, but the Flow Variable then has to be changed to the right type (Path) manually.

Here’s an example of how that would look like. One more thing: Flow Variables don’t automatically leave the component.

Let me know if that works for you. If not, I need you to share your workflow. This link about minimal reproducible examples might help with that.
user input file name
user input file name.knwf (32.7 KB)

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. I want to pass the flow variable to a CSV Writer. When I use your input string input component it doesn’t pass the flow variable to a CSV Writer node. I’m at a loss. Any ideas?

I figured out my problem. In my simple test of your input component I didn’t have any input to the CSV Writer node. When I added some input, it works perfectly. Thanks very much for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.