Variable Condition Loop End - changing table specifications

Hello,

In regard with this topic: Variable Condition loop end - Allow changing table specifications, I would like to ask if there is any progress with adding the “Allow changing table specifications” button in Variable Condition Loop End. We have the situation for which is Variable Condition Loop End perfect solution, but our tables in different iterations have different structure. Recursive loop is not working for us, since our data in the end always come to an empty table and recursive loop end ends with an error.
Could you please tell me if is anyone working on this solution and if it will be available within new versions of KNIME?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello @natalias,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

No progress yet on this one. However I have noted your request to ticket mentioned in linked thread. As a workaround would passing a non-empty table (1 dummy row created with Table Creator) to recursive Loop End work for you? On new loop iteration then design your flow to ignore this input.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

I am no expert and don’t know your specific workflow but maybe it’s possible to avoid your error if you implement a empty table switch?

Hi @ipazin and @Daniel_Weikert,

Thank you very much for a quick response. I tried earlier the workaround with 1-row table, but the End Loop gives then an error which says: knime Execute failed: Cell count in row “Row0_1#2” is not equal to length of column names array and then it compares the number of columns. Do you know if there is any way to go around this?

I tried also the empty table switch, but it’s no use for me in Variable Condition Loop End, since my table in every iteration could be different (I am parsing it from JSON format), so I have problem not only with empty tables. I tried it also within the Recursive Loop, but it doesn’t seem to work for me (I may have done something not correct there).

Thank you both very much!

maybe if you can share a sample workflow you get some additional support from the community here.
bR

1 Like

Hello @natalias,

I’m a bit confused now. You said you have empty table so not sure what actually gets compared if you feed one, same, row each iteration. Anyways agree with @Daniel_Weikert. Some example workflow would be much appreciated to understand better what is your process like :slight_smile:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.