Hi Knime folks,
got KNIME running here for a couple of guys on AWS using their Amazon Linux 2. Actually most things work. There is just one tiny thing that doesn’t. I thought why not challenge the KNIME community, probably someone experienced this problem also.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a widget node (i.e. Double Widget)
- Right click “Create Component”
- press “ctrl” + double click on component
- Open NodeOrganizer in the top panel (see attachment)
=> Error popps up (see attachment)
- Firefox is installed & working.
- On KNIME Hub Searches firefox opens.
- We had the error with webkitgtk not installed before, but the error is not prompted anymore as we installed webkitgtk3.
- Node information is correctly shown on the right side.
- I am aware of KNIME FAQ Q6 :), but doesn’t solve the problem.
- Amazon Linux 2 with Mate from amazon linux extras (basically a modified CentOS with yum)
- webkitgtk is installed as package in version :
[user@server ~]$ rpm -qa |grep webkit webkitgtk3-2.4.11-2.amzn2.0.2.x86_64
- If this works for you, which version of webkitgtk3 are you using?
- Is it known which version of webkitgtk3 is required?
- Are there any known workarounds for this problem?
thx in advance, Regards iptizer