Connect with salesforce.com

users

Hi All,

Just thought of asking, through any node can be connect salesforce.com. cloud envionment.

Regards

Praveen

0 Likes

Hi Praveen,

this should be possible via the Salesforce Rest API and our REST nodes.

Best, Iris

0 Likes

Thanks...

0 Likes

Hi Praveen,

I know this has been a while, but you could also use a JDBC driver to connect to Salesforce and access your data. You can use the Salesforce JDBC driver from Progress that works well with KNIME.

0 Likes

Greetings @rprave, were you able to connect to salesforce using the REST connector? If so, can you please share the connector with us? We would like to do the same.

0 Likes

Hi @saqib,

Please have a look at this blog post, it shows you step-by-step how to connect to Salesforce from KNIME using REST API: https://www.knime.com/nodeguide/data-access/rest-web-services/sugarcrm-meets-salesforce

Cheers,
Roland

0 Likes

Hello, did anyone manage to get this to work? I know this thread is quite old now, but it doesn’t look like there are any other threads on this. Also, I couldn’t get RolandBurger’s solution to work.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi there @Yush,

did you manage to get it to work? What’s troubling you?

Here is another topic about it so maybe it can help: Salesforce/ Problem with GET REQUEST

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes

Hi ipazin,

No I didn’t. Using the workflow RolandBurger’s post, I was not able to get very far. I have a username and password for SalesForce, but not a Client ID and Client Secret so i’m not sure how this is supposed to work.

Kind regards,
Yush

0 Likes

Hi Yush,

well I guess then you need to find out ClientID and Client Secret. Maybe this article can help you in general: https://community.boomi.com/s/article/howtoconnecttosalesforcerestapiwithoauth20

Also there you will find link to Salesforce REST API Developer Guide which you can check :wink:

Br,
Ivan

0 Likes

Hmm, i’ll have a look. Thanks ipazin.

Kind regards,
Yush

0 Likes