KNIME problem with Extensions on Apple M1

Hello,

After I was upgrade KNIME from version 4.6.4 Intel to version 4.7.0 AppleM1 I have detect a several problems with Extensions which I describe now:

1. If I tried reload Partner Extensions I have error, see picture KNIME-Reload

2. I have Errors from my workflow with NODES:

• Status: Error: Node “Parquet Writer” not available from extension “KNIME Extension for Big Data File Formats” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.bigdata.fileformats” is not installed)
  • Status: Error: Node “SSH Connector” not available from extension “KNIME Basic File System Connectors” (provided by “”; plugin “org.knime.ext.ssh.filehandling” is not installed)
  • ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Error: Node “External SSH Tool” not available from extension “KNIME External Tool Support” (provided by “KNIME AG, Zurich, Switzerland”; plugin “org.knime.ext.ssh” is not installed)
  • ERROR LoadWorkflowRunnable Status: Warning: MISSING SSH Connector 3:1307:1269

for NODES SSH I have received message: "Could not query updates site for missing extensions
No repository found at https://update.knimne.com/partner/4.7. "

For NODE Parquet Writer I installed Extensions Column Storage and Extensions for Big Data File Formats, see picture KNIME - Extensions. But root problem is with instalation of this Extensions on Apple M1 platform.

On Picture you can see, than:
a) Parquet NODE is not in IO-READ/WRITE Section. I do not why?
b) Extensions Column Storage and Extensions for Big Data File Formats are installed.

Resume
Something wrong happened on AppleM1 KNIME Platform with Extensions. Some Extensions are installed correct and some Extensions are installed incorrect.
I try experiment - I am install old version KNIME 4.6.4 Intel (on M1), then I accept internal update to version 4.7.0 and extension are functional.

Result
I detect of different behavior KNIME 4.7.0 on Intel and M1 enviroment. Positive is famous speed KNIME on AppleM1 (Without Rosetta). Negative is problematic instalation of Extensions.

Thank you for any comments or advice.

Bye
Karel Simecek

@ksimecek welcome to the KNIME forum. There currently seem to be some problems with the installation of extensions with the M1 / Apple Silicon version. There is already a ticket for that: AP-19894.

Until it has been solved my solution is to use the ‚Rosetta‘ version. There the extensions seem to work although the splash screen at the start does not show them.

Ok, Thanks. Well, I will to operate a workflow in KNIME in Intel + Rosseta.

Bye.
Karel Simecek

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.