Loop through rows for multiple reports

Hello, I hope this message finds you well.

I currently have a workflow that takes a .csv file and creates a report. However, I need to be able to create a report for each row in the .csv file. I have looked around and I have seen that the most common nodes for this are the loop and “call local workflow” nodes. I am having a hard time and would really apreciate some guidance.

Is there an example workflow for this that I could use?

Any help is apreciated!

Thank you

-Jorge

I have seen that the most common nodes for this are the loop and “call local workflow” nodes

There are lots of loop nodes. Which ones have you tried and what were the results?

Thanks for the reply!

The problem I am having is trying to add the loop end node. Since the “data to report” node does not save the PDF, I do not know where to end the loop.

I have tried the chunk loop node with one row intervals but the loop does not produce separate reports.

I hope this helps!

Thank you

Hi @stevens_albert and welcome back to the KNIME forum,

As far as I know, it is not possible to create multiple reports in a loop but you can follow this workaround:

:blush:

3 Likes

Thank you! I was able to do this with no problems!

However, what happens if I need to repeat the rows of multiple tables in one page? I see that this solution will break the page after each individual row no matter what table.

Also, is there a way to repeat graphs for each row?

Thank you very much for your support!

1 Like

Instead of using page break after each row, put it after each table.

Hello @stevens_albert,

I think it is possible to create multiple reports using loop. Does every report has same format?

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

:thinking:

It seems I’m going to learn something new again!
@ipazin would you please tell me how? Let’s assume that I have a simple table and I have designed the report layout in BIRT. Now I want to generate a PDF file for each row in the table. How should I do that in a loop?

Hi there,

let me try construct workflow example and share with you next week.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

yes, it would have the same format!

thank you very much!

Hello hello!

Does something like this makes sense?

There’s no much sense in data and format could be improved but does create multiple reports :smiley:

Br,
Ivan

7 Likes

Fantastic! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Didn’t know we can do that. Always learning from you @ipazin. You are the true master of KNIME.

2 Likes

WOW! This is perfect! I love the group loop feature! I did not know that node existed.
Thank you very much for your help!

:smile:

2 Likes

Hello!

You are welcome and tnx. Glad it helped.

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.