Need to know the nodes that uses a particular Flow variable

I have a wokflow with few flow variables. CASE SWITCH nodes are used in WF, the logic will be decided based on the value of FV (“CASE_SWITCH_MODE_1”)

Using Finding a node that defines a column or flow variable I can find the origin of the FV (“CASE_SWITCH_MODE_1”), But how can I find which nodes are referencing CASE_SWITCH_MODE_1".

Manually going through the nodes inside the component is time consuming process, If there is any way to find all the nodes referencing CASE_SWITCH_MODE_1?
Please let me know.

I built examples how to search for certain terms within the xml files that make up a KNIME node/workflow. Maybe you can give this a try:

https://hub.knime.com/mlauber71/spaces/Public/latest/kn_example_metasearch/kn_example_metasearch_workflowset_meta

The WF that you had referred above will work only for less number of xml files (until 50 files works). If WF is large I am getting Serialization error.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue? Currently I am using notepad to search the nodes.

The error sounds more like there is some field with missing values. Not sure how to handle that with documents.

But you might have a look if you could adapt an approach not using Documents. I am not sure where the information about flow variables are stored you might have to adapt that.

Then if it really is a question of the number of WF you might try to do it in chunks (of 25 maybe).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.