KNIME R Snippet node is not working fine in the latest version of macOS (Big Sur 11.2.3)

Hi,
I’m getting the following error after trying to run the R Snippet:

ERROR: Could not execute internal command.ERROR: R evaluation failed.: "sapply(ls(),function(a)class(get(a,envir=globalenv()))[1])"ERROR: R evaluation failed.: "sapply(ls(),function(a)class(get(a,envir=globalenv()))[1])"ERROR: eval failed

I have the latest version of Rserve, Cairo, Fortran, and everything else under KNIME Mac OS. However, the R snippet is still not working. Everything was working fine two weeks ago, but currently I found this issue now. Any help? I’m checking whether installing Xcode will help also.

@mariaangelesjs welcome to the KNIME forum.

If you encounter problems with R and KNIME and MacOSX there are more articles and hints to explore:

The error sounds like some paths might be missing. Did you follow all the hints from the official KNIME and R guide and can you check which versions of the named packages you have.

You can check your installation here. If the code does not work in KNIME/R maybe you try to check the versions in RStudio.

1 Like

Hi,
Yes, I did read that specific article and I have all the latest versions. Same in RStudio. But, I still have the same issue.
As I said, everything was working fine two weeks ago. I did not change any path and the packages were not updated recently also. So, the bug is within KNIME. I’m willing to send my log file to the KNIME Team if that could solve the problem.

Hello @mariaangelesjs,

and welcome to KNIME Community!

If you haven’t updated and/or changed anything in/around KNIME in last two weeks (or from last time it was working) not sure this is a “bug within KNIME”. However you can share log file here (please make sure to remove sensitive data from it, if any). Also set log level to DEBUG.

And a bit information on Big Sur:

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

Hi,
I’ve updated everything and now the node is working fine.
I find that after every macOS update I end up having to reinstall everything for the KNIME R Integration.
Kind regards,
Maria

2 Likes

Hello @mariaangelesjs,

glad to hear it’s working now.

That’s bad but I don’t recall hearing it from other users. Maybe something specific to your setup? :confused:

Br,
Ivan

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.